Keep your website fast, secure, and updated.
Website Monthly Maintenance Services
We will care for and manage your site so you can spend your time doing what you do best.
Website Speed Optimization
Daily Site Backups
Monthly WordPress Core Updates
Monthly Plugin Updates
Monthly Theme Updates
Monthly eCommerce Updates
24/7 Server Downtime Monitoring
Security Monitoring & Hack Cleanups
Google Analytics Setup and Configuration
Dedicated Account Representative
2 Hours/mo. of Site Update and Optimization Requests
You’re in good hands!
HUNDREDS OF SITES HOSTED
SSL SECURITY INCLUDED
Frequently Asked Questions
What is WordPress Maintenance?
WordPress core has updates that are pushed out by the community on a scheduled basis. WordPress websites also use dozens of third-party plugins which are created by independent developers. The developers of these plugins release updates every week. Our maintenance program will handle all of these updates for you.
What does website maintenance include?
So, how do you do website maintenance? Here are some of the most important tasks involved in website maintenance.
- Testing your whole website annually: Test your whole website at least once a year and after making updates. Check that all features work, look for broken links, and watch for outdated or incorrect information. Bring in someone not associated with your company to get a fresh perspective on your site’s usability.
- Testing browser compatibility: Test whether your website works correctly in several versions of mainstream browsers at least once a year.
- Testing your forms and checkout process quarterly: At least once a quarter, make sure all your forms and your checkout process are working properly.
- Checking for software updates monthly: Check for software updates from your hosting provider, security provider, and other third parties monthly. These updates help ensure proper functionality and security. Even better, install patches as they’re released, if possible.
- Backing up your website: Backing up your website can save you from losing a huge amount of time and money if something goes wrong with your site. If you have an automatic backup feature, check that it’s working each month. If you don’t have automatic backups, complete a manual backup at least once a month.
- Reviewing key metrics weekly: Using tools like Google Analytics, review your website’s performance at least once a week. Check your key performance indicators (KPIs)and make sure your site is helping you meet your goals. If it’s not, make updates and check whether they improved your site’s performance the next time you review your key metrics.
This website maintenance services list includes the most essential website maintenance tasks, but it isn’t a comprehensive list of all the maintenance work you can complete.
You may choose to create a more extensive website maintenance plan or work with a professional website maintenance company to meet your goals.
Do you need to update WordPress plugins and themes?
Many updates are for security purposes. If you don’t update plugins and themes, your website could become vulnerable and eventually will stop working. Without fixing these, your website could be hacked and compromised. WordPress website maintenance is critical.
Can I perform these updates myself?
Physically clicking the update button is the easy part That is certainly something that anyone can do, however, maintenance isn’t that simple. Often times an update will be incompatible with another plugin, theme, or hosting environment. When this happens something will stop working, or in some instances, the website will crash completely. Before we make updates, we read the developer changelogs to see what code was updated. This makes sure that the updates will work properly. If we find that an update is compatible, we will notify you and present options to fix or replace that plugin.
Is it safe to update my WordPress themes and plugins?
Updating is a good thing, but sometimes updates will cause things to break. That’s why we make a backup of your website before making any updates. If something breaks, we can restore the site within seconds. The longer a site goes without maintenance, the more difficult and time-intensive it is to make updates. There’s a greater chance of something being incompatible and breaking.
How often should WordPress websites be updated?
We do not always push out an update as soon as it is released. It is best to wait a few days or even weeks if the update is just a feature addition. However, if there is a security issue we are notified asap and run updates immediately. Normally, we stay on a monthly schedule to make sure your sites stay updated.